Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Today

Hello everyone!

This is the blog I'm starting to document my personal experience researching in Asheville this summer. I won't be posting anything about the participants in the study here (because of privacy concerns I will not be posting anything about them anywhere except in my final paper with all the names anonymized) but will relate amusing anecdotes and other tidbits about my life and the process.

This blog may later include tales of my trip abroad to Turkey this September, so be excited for that!

Right, ground rules:
1) This is just my personal experience, so I will invariably say stupid things on this blog. You can comment on them, but just be aware that it will happen.
2) This blog is a safe space. That means that hate speech, threats, and discrimination against people for any reason, including religious belief, gender identity, and sexual orientation, is not allowed in the comments. If I mess up on this, please call me out on it.
3) Feel free to ask me any questions related to anything except about the (confidential, privacy-protected, etc) specifics of my interviews. I love to answer questions and send people links to things!
4) While I have imported posts from my Tumblr, I would prefer if you all avoid Googling around to try and find my tumblog. This Blogger blog may at some point become a professional portfolio component, and I'd prefer if you respect me keeping it separate from my personal internet use. (This is especially true for people in my family, church groups, or university who do not have access to my Tumblr, Twitter, or other accounts in any other way. Please respect my privacy. Thank you.)

If y'all could follow those, that would make you not a horrible person.

Finally, I'm linking this to my Facebook so if any of my friends are interested in reading about my life, they can. So welcome, everyone! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment