Saturday, July 13, 2013

Finally here!

Hello everyone!
I'm finally in Asheville!
Travelling here was an adventure. First, I was going to stop by the Best Buy at Northlake to get a USB recorder because I was worried I wouldn't be able to transfer sound files onto my computer (or onto the storage unit, rather) from my iPod. I couldn't find the Best Buy so I went to the SuperTarget. They didn't have one and I realized I hadn't packed my towel (I'd make a horrible hitchiker), so I resolved to go home and get the audio recorder later. However, on the way I found the Best Buy, so I ran in and got one anyway (there was a little confusion with labeling, but I successfully got the one that costed under $60, whew). Then I went home.
From there I re-mapped the route, and I saw that i85-i26 was the simplest route but the shortest route involved highway 74. I took i85...and ended up getting confused and taking 16 to 73 to 27 to 321 instead. But I got here in one piece!
The house, which is owned by a woman named Spyce and occupied by her, her sister, her sister's boyfriend, and the people renting it. It's perched on a hillside (like most houses in Asheville, I suppose) and surrounded by lots of lovely summer greenery. It's also across from a church, which was interesting. A woman was moving out when I got there, and her room's the one I'm going to be renting starting tomorrow. She had a dog, but she also promised to clean so my allergy won't be a problem.
I left and went to try to find a place to get my bearings. I ended up going to UNCA's library because thanks to Welsey I have access to the wifi (Hi everyone!). From here I'm probably going to go check into the hostel downtown, and maybe get something to eat. (Luckily there's lots of lovely places to eat around!)

No comments:

Post a Comment